2Bits: Salmon kabobs-perfect for a hot summer evening dinner!
Grill something light on hot sticky summer nights. Salmon with a fresh taste of lemon and herbs grilled on a bamboo skewer is a perfect choice.
What you need: The ingredients!
1 ½ lbs. salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes. Remove the skin unless you’re cooking with true wild caught salmon.
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 lemons, thinly sliced
1 tsp. Kosher salt
How to prepare: The directions!
- Heat grill to medium. Lightly coat grates with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Thread salmon and lemons (folded in ½) onto skewers. Start and end with the salmon. Lightly spray the salmon kabobs with cooking spray (enough for seasoning to stick). Evenly season with Kosher salt and seasoning mix.
- Grill the kebabs. Turn occasionally. The salmon will turn opaque throughout when done—about 10 minutes.
Bamboo skewer tips:
Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes prior to using them. Use a crumpled brown paper sack to “sand” the skewers smooth before using.
Find this awesome recipe on: www.mothersapronstrings.com
2BuyAg has a great source for your salmon! Please check out 2BuyAg’s newest fisher, Sean Guffey!
2BuyAg met Sean through the Slow Food channel. Sean is a high-school special education and math teacher who lives and teaches in Salem, Missouri, during the school year, then spends his summers fishing for wild sockeye salmon in Bristol Bay, Alaska. He’s been doing this for 30 years!
Sean is a commercial fisherman and sells a portion of his catch every year in Missouri.
We’re thrilled to offer his wild, not FARMED, salmon to you from 2BuyAg! We’re so pleased to learn that Sean is fishing the right way—sustainably, meeting all Alaskan and USDA harvesting and processing requirements.
Sean offers his wild salmon several different bulk ways through 2BuyAg.
- 20 lb. boxes of salmon filets (one filet feeds 4 – 5 people; ½ a fish. There are about 12 – 14 filets per box)
- 10 lb. boxes of portioned filets (6 oz. each; about 26 pieces per box)
- Smoked salmon—no preservatives, just salt and brown sugar/honey.
Please message Sean your order using his 2BuyAg profile by July 31, 2018.
Sean will set up central locations in St. Louis, Columbia, Jefferson City, Kansas City, and Springfield October – February for you to pick up your order. You’ll receive advanced notification of the pick-up location, date, and time.